Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, unless the context otherwise requires or except as expressly provided, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Brief – means the written brief or explanatory briefing given to you by us, setting out the requirements for the Presentation;
Content – means the text, hand-outs, powerpoint or other materials used or developed by you for delivery at the Event;
Event – means the conference, seminar, round-table, workshop or other event, specified in the Brief, where a presentation is to be given in person by you;
Delegates – means individuals who attend the event;
Intellectual Property Rights – means copyright and related rights, database right, patents, domain names, registered designs, design rights, trade-marks, trade names, logos, trade secrets and know how, rights in performances, rights in goodwill or to sue for passing off, moral rights, the right to make applications for registration of any of the above (or rights of a similar nature) anywhere in the world (a) existing now or at any time in the future; and (b) whether registered or registrable or not;
Fee – means the payment due to you from us, if any, as agreed in the Brief;
Presentation – means the lecture, address or presentation to be delivered by you at the Event;
Speaker – means a person engaged to speak at an Event
We shall cooperate with you and provide you with such information as you may reasonably require in order to punctually comply with your obligations under this Agreement.
In our dealings with you, we shall endeavour to respond to any queries in a professional and timely manner.
You undertake to prepare and deliver your Presentation at the Event in accordance with the Brief and this Agreement.
You warrant that the Content:
- materially conforms to the Brief;
- is written, developed and prepared with the skill, care and ability of someone of your calibre in your field of expertise;
- is of a high standard and suitable for the audience and venue
- does not contain anything which is illegal, blasphemous, defamatory or indecent or which infringes the statutory or common law rights of any third parties including any Intellectual Property Rights.
Views expressed by speakers are their own. We take no responsibility for the Content. We may however, on reviewing the Content, request that you make changes to the Content, including editing, adapting and / or altering the Content in other ways so that the Content may be suitable for delivery at the Event or as a Webinar as the case may be. We shall endeavour to provide you with sufficient notice and reasons for the requested changes, and shall take your views into account wherever possible.
You shall not (except with our express prior written permission):
- save following review and input by us as to content, format and branding and final written sign-off by us, issue any questionnaires or give out any Delegate packs, assessments, feedback forms or handouts; nor
- give details or information, either to Delegates or to their sponsoring or employing companies, about any fees charged by you to us.
If you wish to request we cover any expenses, they must be approved in writing, no later than 2 weeks in advance
- all original receipts must be attached to your claim for expenses and itemised in an invoice.
Whilst we endeavour to promote Events to maximise attendance, the nature of our Events means that we cannot give any warranties that the intended participants or delegates can and will attend the Event or that they will view or download it, nor that the promotion and/or any publicity expected by you will be generated.
You are responsible for obtaining all necessary consents, permissions and/or licences for the making available and distribution of Content under this Agreement.
You will indemnify and keep us indemnified at all times against any and all actions, claims, proceedings, costs and damages, and all legal costs and other expenses reasonably incurred by us, or for which we may become liable, with respect to any Intellectual Property Rights infringement claim relating to or arising out of the Content or your Presentation.
We may on occasion make use of your logos and other branding material in any art work or publicity material prior to or after the Event.
REFUSAL OF CONTENT
If in our opinion the Content:
(a) is not of a standard suitable the intended Event;
(b) does not fulfil the terms of the Brief or this Agreement; or
is not provided to us on or before the specified date of delivery in the Brief,
– we will make a good faith effort to discuss this with your. If we remain of the view that the Content is not suitable, we may refuse the Content. If we refuse the Content, the Brief shall be cancelled and you shall not be entitled to any payment or Fee – where applicable.
TERM AND TERMINATION
This Agreement will remain in force, unless terminated by either you or us. During the term of this Agreement, we are not obligated to provide you with any Briefs, and you are not obligated to give any Presentations unless we have agreed a Brief.
Termination of Agreement with notice.
Where there are no outstanding Briefs, either party may terminate this Agreement on 14 days’ written notice. Where there is an outstanding Brief, termination shall not take effect until the Presentation related to that Brief has been completed.
Termination of Agreement without notice
Either party may immediately terminate this Agreement by giving written notice to the other party, if the other party:
– materially breaches the Agreement and fails to remedy such breach within 30 days of notice given by the party not in breach to the other;
– materially breaches the Agreement where such breach is not capable of remedy;
– does anything which, in the reasonable opinion of the injured party, could damage or otherwise bring into disrepute the reputation of the injured party; or
– goes into liquidation, receivership, administrative receivership, administration, becomes insolvent or ceases trading or a petition is presented for its winding-up or bankruptcy.
You may cancel a Brief
You will be entitled to immediately cancel any Brief by giving us notice in writing if:
We announce that the Event, or the relevant part thereof, is cancelled and will not be rescheduled;
- we substantially change the nature or requirements of the Brief or the Event; or
- the Event is postponed
We may cancel a Brief
We may cancel any Brief on giving you 14 days’ notice in writing if:
- an insufficient number of delegates sign up to attend the Event
- the Event is, in our opinion no longer practical or financially viable
Effect of cancelling a Brief
Where you cancel a Brief you will use your best endeavours to work with us to minimise the costs of replacing you, which may include assisting us to find a replacement Speaker for the Event and / or providing your Presentation or parts thereof to the replacement Speaker.
Each party agrees with the other that they will maintain the other party’s confidentiality and will not make any unauthorised use of any private or confidential information about the other party and their business, members, customers or its private and financial affairs, as the case may be.
Where you are to give a Presentation at an Event, the following conditions shall also apply:
- We may distribute copies of the Presentation to Delegates and other interested persons either in hard copy, electronically or online during and after the event.
- The venue, event name and event date are indicative only and we reserve the right to alter them. Information given in any advance notification, programme, agenda or mailing is indicative only and we give no warranty or undertaking that the Event will comply with the same.
- We shall be responsible for recording and production of the Conferences;
- We shall be under no obligation to deliver the Conferences within any specified period of time but we shall endeavour to have it available within the timeframe indicated in the Brief, if any;
- We will be the owner of the copyright in the sound recording and film of the Conferences;
- You consent to your voiceover and/or performance being recorded and included in the Conferences;
- You hereby grant to us a non-exclusive perpetual worldwide licence in all languages and all media to use the Content and/or any extracts thereof in the media and territory set out in the Brief.
By completing this form you are accepting and agreeing to the terms and conditions stated above.